So I’ve been nominated by the lovely viewsofvenus.wordpress.com for this thing, which is basically a way for new bloggers to connect with each other, which is pretty cool.
The rules are, I firstly have to answer 11 questions set by my nominator. I then have to ask 11 of my own questions and nominate 11 bloggers to answer them. You must tag your nominator and notify your nominees. I think that’s it for the rules, so here goes!
1. What is your dream job?
This has changed multiple times throughout my life. My first dream job was to be an astronaut, the first ever female to visit the moon. I even promised my dad I’d bring him back a moon rock for his 80th birthday, a fact which he still loves to bring up all the time in the annoying way dad’s do. Since then, I wanted to be, in order: an actress, an author, an Olympic runner, a marine biologist, a neurologist, a beauty therapist, and a social worker. I got my certificate and did beauty therapy for years until I got fed up with dealing with feet and vaginas for $15 p.h. I’ve also written all my life, but only for myself (until now, I guess). I obtained a diploma in counseling and plan to get a university degree in social science, but aside from that, I’ve eventually lost interest in every single one of my dreams. Now, I would have to say my ultimate, ideal job has gone back to the original, an astronaut. But I would prefer to be a colonist on Mars instead of the moon. It’ll never happen, but that’s why it’s called a ‘dream job’.
2. How would your best friend describe you in three words?
Technically I have lots of best friends who probably think all different things of me. But if I was to hazard a guess and average out their answers, I would say: insightful, honest, and eccentric.
3. What was the last lie you told?
Fuck, that’s a hard one because it’s really against my nature to lie. Oh wait, I lied to my boss about a week ago. I overslept for like the third day in a row so I said I was having car trouble and I’d be a little late.
4. Do you prefer summer or winter?
Winter. Summer where I live is too hot to be enjoyable. Being sweaty and uncomfortable for 3 months straight isn’t fun for me anymore.
5. What’s the last thing you ate?
Well, I just woke up from a 15hour nap so I haven’t eaten since yesterday. I think it was a chocolate biscuit.
6. What is your favorite part of the human face? Why?
I like eyes and eyebrows. I’m a big fan of blue eyes but really, I like all colours. I’m not eye-colour racist. I like them because you can tell a lot about a person through their eyes, and good brows can really change a face. I’m usually too scared to make eye-contact with people because it feels too intense, too much like a commitment. Once I’ve seen into your eyes and you’ve seen mine, I feel like we both know too much.
7. What do you miss most about your childhood?
The energy of being young. I don’t mean that in a spiritual way, I mean the actual physical energy. I miss taking my dog for longs walks and making up stories in my head. I miss adventuring with the neighborhood kids. I miss waking up to a day full of opportunities and the energy to go seek them.
8. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The freedom in the anonymity of it. I can say anything I please without sensoring myself as nobody knows who ‘myself’ is. It doesn’t even matter if nobody reads or likes my stuff, as there’s a sort of catharsis in the thought of writing publicly, but only for me.
9. What is your favorite holiday destination?
I don’t really ‘holiday’ as I can barely afford to live my everyday life, but I did travel a bit when I was younger, and Paris is by far the best city I’ve ever had the privilege to visit.
10. Where would you like to go and why?
Oh my gosh, so many places. America probably first as I’ve experienced a lot of European countries but never been to the states or Canada. I’d love to visit Nashville, New Orleans, California and New York.
11. What is your biggest fear?
Physically, snakes. I’m fucking petrified of them. Just last night I freaked out ’cause my housemate discarded his belt on the floor and it was coiled in such a way that it resembled a snake. Existentially, I’m afraid of dying an irrelevant and unaccomplished person. Paradoxically, this fear of dying a failure is sometimes so crippling and achieving anything seems so difficult that I often become suicidial.
And on that positive note, that’s my questions done! Now for my nominees…
4. Yve’s Corner
10. Lonely hearts
My 11 questions for you are:
1. Have you realized any of your dreams, and how?
2. Do you have any addictions?
3. Are you more afraid of living or dying?
4. If you could tell your 10 year old self one thing, what would it be?
5. If your 10 year old self could see your life now, what do you think they would say?
5. Have you ever been on either side of unrequited love?
6. What is most concerning to you about the state of the world today?
7. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
8. What makes you most uncomfortable?
9. Dogs or cats?
10. If you met a benevolent alien and they wanted to take you away to their planet forever would you go? Why/why not?
11. If you were on death row, would be your last meal?